SAILOR JERRY WOMEN IN TATTOO APPRENTICESHIP GRANT CONTEST
NO PURCHASE OR USE OF WIRELESS SERVICE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR USE OF WIRELESS SERVICE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR ODDS OF WINNING. MUST BE 21 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER TO PARTICIPATE. VOID IN AL, MS, NE, WV, & WY and where prohibited by law.
1. Eligibility: Sailor Jerry Women in Tattoo Apprenticeship Grant Contest (the “Contest”) is open only to legal residents of the United States and those who are at least twenty-one (21) years of age at the time of entry (the “Entrant”). VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. Persons in any of the following categories are not eligible to participate or win a prize: (a) persons who are employees, officers or agents of Sponsor (as defined below), its respective parent companies, affiliates, divisions, subsidiaries, suppliers, distributors and the service agencies or independent contractors of any of the above organizations, including, but not limited to William Grant & Sons (the “Prize Provider” or “Sponsor”); (b) suppliers, distributors, or retailers of alcohol beverage products, and any other alcoholic beverage industry members; (c) individuals engaged in the development of, the production or distribution of materials for, or the implementation of this Contest; (d) agents, officers, employees of, family members of (where “family member” means a spouse, parent, sibling, child, son-in-law, daughter-in-law, and lineal descendants, including those by adoption), persons in the immediate family of, or persons living in the same household as any person in any of the preceding categories (a) through (c); The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Participation constitutes Entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
2. Sponsor: William Grant & Sons, Inc. 300 Park Avenue South, Suite 600, New York, NY 10010
3. Contest Dates: The Contest begins on March 21, 2021 at 3:00 PM Eastern Time (“ET”) and ends on March 30, 2021 at 11:59 PM ET; winner selection will take place March 31 at 1:00 PM Eastern Time (“ET”). Sponsor is the official time-keeping device for the Contest.
4. How to Enter and play: To enter via Instagram, be at least 21 years old and follow @sailorjerry on Instagram and read and agree to the Official Rules. You must be a resident of the following states:
Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, Wisconsin or a resident of Washington D.C.,
This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Instagram, Inc. (“Instagram”). You must be amidst a legal tattoo apprenticeship at a licensed tattoo parlor. To enter, tag yourself and the shop you are apprenticing at on the promotional Instagram post. For an additional entry, you can also share the promotional Instagram post to your story while tagging @SailorJerry.
Entering is free. Limit: one (1) entry per person, per cell phone number, social media account and per email address during each day of the Contest Period, regardless of method of entry. A person must enter via Instagram.Multiple entries will automatically result in disqualification. All entries must be posted no later than the deadline above for each week of the Contest Period. All entries become the property of the Sponsor.
Limit: Entrants may not participate with multiple accounts. Any attempt by any Entrant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different email addresses, identities or registrations, or any other methods will void that Entrant’s entries and that Entrant may be disqualified. Use of any automated, robotic, repetitive, programmed or similar entry methods or agents to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. Facsimile and mechanically reproduced entries will not be accepted. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, illegible, invalid, unintelligible or misdirected entries, which will be disqualified. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of an Entrant, the authorized account holder of the email address used to enter the Contest will be deemed to be the Entrant. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to the Instagram account by Instagram. Any potential winner may be required to show proof that he/she is the authorized account holder. All entries submitted become the sole property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. Proof of submission is not proof of receipt by Sponsor. Entries will not be judged but must adhere to the entry guidelines indicated herein, as determined by Sponsor in their sole discretion.
Normal internet access and device usage charges imposed by your mobile plan and/or on-line service may apply if participating via a mobile device. For those persons participating with a mobile device: data rates apply to internet access via mobile devices. Other charges may apply; check your mobile plan for rates/details. Internet access may not be available in all areas.
5. Selections/Odds/Notifications: Odds of winning depend on the total number of entrants during the contest. The entrants will be judged on the following criteria: Adhering to the theme, creativity, and overall look and quality of the apprentice’s work as determined by Sponsor (“Judging Criteria”). The winning entrant will be selected according to the criteria above solely by Sponsor and at Sponsor’s sole discretion; Sponsor has final say in selecting the winner. Sponsor’s decisions as to the administration and operation of the Contest and the selection of the potential winners are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest. In the event that an insufficient number of eligible entries are received to award all available prizes, Sponsor is not obligated to award remaining prizes and no additional random drawings will take place.
The awarding of prizes is subject to verification by the Sponsor, whose decisions are based upon their sole discretion and interpretation of these Official Rules and are final and binding in all respects. A POTENTIAL PRIZE WINNER IS NOT A WINNER UNTIL HIS OR HER ELIGIBILITY HAS BEEN VERIFIED BY THE SPONSOR. Sponsor will not accept a screenshot or other material in lieu of its validation process.
In the event that a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may select an alternate prize winner by random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries.
6. Prizes: ONE (1) PRIZE AFTER CONTEST PERIOD: Limit ONE (1) prize per entrant. The Prize is one $10,000.00 stipend, one $500 gift voucher to Kingpin Tattoo Supplies, and Volumes 1-3 of Sailor Jerry’s Iconic Flash Books with an ARV of $500.00 USD. Resale of any prize(s) is prohibited. Prizes details not specified herein shall be determined solely by Sponsor. Prize are awarded “as is” with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied. No alcohol is awarded in any prize. Winners must be twenty-one (21) years of age or older.
Prize Winners must execute liability/publicity releases prior to issuance prizes. Actual value may vary. Sponsor is not responsible for and winner will not receive any difference between the actual value and ARV of a prize. Under no circumstances will Sponsor award more prizes than are listed in these Official Rules. Prizes are non-transferable and no cash redemption or substitution will be allowed, except at Sponsor's sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize for one of equal or greater value if the designated prize should become unavailable for any reason. Under no circumstance will beverage alcohol be provided as part of the prize. The Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or postpone the Contest if the Contest becomes impossible or commercially unreasonable to administer. Winner is responsible for all taxes (including without limitation Federal, state and local taxes) in connection with the prize, and the reporting consequence thereof, are the sole responsibility of the applicable prize recipient. Sponsor makes no representations regarding the tax liability associated with any prize, and each prize recipient is advised to seek counsel regarding any tax liabilities associated with their prize. Unless otherwise indicated herein or in any applicable manufacturer’s warranty information, all prizes are awarded as-is and without warranty of any kind, implied or express. Any difference between the stated approximate retail value and actual value of a prize will not be awarded. Odds of winning a prize depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Contest Period.
7. Prize Claims: Except where prohibited, each potential winner must sign and return to the Sponsor an affidavit of eligibility/release of liability/publicity release (the “Release”) and IRS form W-9 in order to claim the respective prize (collectively, the “Required Documents”) within the time frame indicated in the notification. If the potential winner fails to sign and return the Required Documents within the required time period, the potential winner forfeits his/her right to the prize and an alternate winner may be selected at random from among all remaining non-winning eligible entries received during the Contest Period, time permitting. The Prize is taxable as income.
8. Release and Indemnification: BY PARTICIPATING IN THE CONTEST, PARTICIPANTS AGREE TO RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS SPONSOR AND ANY OF ITS AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES, WHOLESALE DISTRIBUTORS, ADVERTISING PARTNERS (INCLUDING INFLUENCERS PROMOTING THE CONTEST AND THEIR MANAGEMENT AND RELATED COMPANIES), ADVERTISING AND CONTEST AGENCIES, PRINTERS, SUPPLIERS, ANY DISTRIBUTORS AND RETAILERS OF ALCOHOL BEVERAGES, FACEBOOK, TWITTER AND INSTAGRAM, TOGETHER WITH THE PARENT, SUBSIDIARY, AND AFFILIATED COMPANIES OF EACH, AND TOGETHER WITH THE RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, SHAREHOLDERS, EMPLOYEES, AND AGENTS OF EACH (AFOREMENTIONED INDIVIDUALS AND ORGANIZATIONS COLLECTIVELY, THE “RELEASEES”) FROM AND AGAINST ANY AND ALL LOSSES, DAMAGES, RIGHTS, CLAIMS, AND ACTIONS OF ANY KIND ARISING IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, FROM THE CONTEST OR PARTICIPATION IN ANY CONTEST-RELATED ACTIVITY (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION THE REMOVAL FROM ANY WEBSITE OF, OR DISCONTINUATION OF ACCESS TO, ANY MATERIALS), OR RESULTING DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, FROM THE ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, USE, OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE AWARDED IN CONNECTION WITH THE CONTEST, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION PERSONAL INJURY, DEATH, AND/OR PROPERTY DAMAGE, AS WELL AS CLAIMS BASED ON PUBLICITY RIGHTS, DEFAMATION, AND/OR INVASION OF PRIVACY AND THE COLLECTION, USE AND/OR SHARING BY SPONSOR OF PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION OF THE PARTICIPANTS. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, THE CONTEST, ALL PRIZES, AND ALL MATERIALS PROVIDED ON OR THROUGH ANY CONTEST-RELATED WEBSITE ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
9. Indemnity: By participating, each participant agrees to indemnify and hold the Releasees harmless from any and all claims, damages, expenses, costs (including reasonable attorneys' fees) and liabilities (including settlements), brought or asserted by any third party against any of the Releasees due to or arising out of their entry, or their conduct in creating an entry, or otherwise in connection with their participation in this Contest, including but not limited to: claims for trademark infringement; copyright infringement; violation of an individual’s right of publicity or right of privacy; or defamation. If the Entrant, or whomever claims taxes on behalf of the Entrant, fails to pay any taxes when due or fails to remit, for their account, or the account of the respective Entrant, as the case may be, the Entrant shall indemnify the Sponsor and any incremental taxes, interest or penalties that may become payable as a result of any such failure.
10. Publicity: Except where prohibited, participation in the Contest constitutes each winner’s consent to Sponsor’s and its agents’ use of each winner’s name, likeness, photograph, voice, quotes, statements, opinions, biographical information and/or hometown and state for contest purposes in any media now known or hereinafter invented, worldwide, without further payment or consideration. By participating in the Contest, each winner agrees that their name, image or likeness may be electronically displayed via the Internet or other form of digital dissemination, extending to all manner and media whatsoever, throughout the universe in perpetuity, free and clear of any claims for royalties, residuals or other compensation.
11. General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Contest, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Contest, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules, any other Contest or applicable law, or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. By entering the Contest and accepting a prize, each winner agrees to maintain his/her behavior in accordance with all applicable laws and generally-accepted social practices in connection with participation in the Contest or prize-related activity. Each winner understands and agrees that Sponsor or the prize provider have the right, in their sole discretion, to disqualify the winner at any point if the winner’s behavior (i) is uncooperative or disruptive; (ii) annoys, threatens, or harasses any other person; (iii) may or does cause damage to person, property, or the reputation of Sponsor or a prize provider; or (iv) otherwise violates the policies of the prize provider; and, in such a case, the winner will forfeit the prize and still be solely responsible for all taxes and other expenses related to the prize, if applicable.
Instagram is not a sponsor of, and does not endorse, this Contest. You understand that you are providing your information to Sponsor, not to Instagram. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding the Contest must be directed to the Sponsor and not to Instagram.
12. Limitations of Liability: The Releasees are not responsible for: (a) lost, late, unintelligible, misdirected, incomplete, damaged or garbled entries, registration forms, release forms or any other documents; (b) technical errors, failures, or interruptions related to computers, hardware, software, programming, servers, providers, networks, or telephones; (c) communication disruption or other forces beyond the reasonable control of the Sponsor, including the inability to submit entries or other disruption related to internet traffic, virus, bug or non-authorized intervention; (d) damage caused by computer virus or otherwise resulting to any computer or device from entrant's access of the Contest, whether human, mechanical or electronic; (e) incorrect or inaccurate information whether caused by Contest users or by any of the programming or equipment associated with or used in the Contest; (f) any printing errors, typographical errors, or human errors, including but not limited to any human, mechanical typographical or electronic error which may occur in the processing of the entries or announcement of winners; (g) changes to social media platform policies and procedures that may interfere with the operation of the Contest; (h) content filtering or any malfunction/error/failure which may impact the accessibility of entries or the transmission or receipt of winner verification notices (or other communications with winners); or (i) unauthorized human intervention in the Contest. Sponsor may consider entries to be void if unreadable, inaccurate, incomplete, mutilated, tampered with, forged, mechanically reproduced, irregular in any way or otherwise not in compliance with these Official Rules. Although Sponsor attempts to ensure the integrity of the Contest, Releasees are not responsible for the actions of participants or other individuals in connection with the Contest, including participants' or other individuals' attempts to circumvent the Official Rules or otherwise interfere with the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest. If for any reason an Entrant’s entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, Entrant’s sole remedy is another entry in the Contest, unless it is not possible to award another entry due to the date of discontinuance for any or all of the prizes offered herein. In the event of a discontinuance of the Contest, or any part of it, for any reason, Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance, and in no event will more than the stated number of prizes be awarded. In the event that production, technical, programming or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, un-awarded, eligible prize claims.
If, for any reason, the Contest (or portion thereof) is not capable of running as planned by reason of damage by computer virus, worms, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical limitations or failures, by reason of any acts of God, terrorist acts, earthquake, war, fire, flood, unusually severe weather, strikes or legal disputes (whether legal or illegal), industry conditions, bankruptcy or liquidation, marketplace demands, applicable law, unforeseen obstacles or any other causes which, in the sole opinion of Sponsor, could corrupt, compromise, undermine or otherwise affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, viability or proper conduct of the Contest, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole and absolute discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend all or any part of the Contest, and to select the applicable winner(s) via the means of winner determination described in these Official Rules (from among the applicable eligible, non-suspect entries received up to the time of such cancellation, termination, modification or suspension, as applicable), or to proceed in such a manner as may be deemed fair and equitable by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Entry must be made by the entrant and via the means described in these Official Rules only. Any failure by Sponsor to enforce any of these Official Rules will not constitute a waiver of such Official Rules. You are not a winner until your entry has been verified and you have complied with these Official Rules. Each entry is the opinion or view of the applicable entrant, and does not reflect the views of the Releasees.
14. Disputes: THIS CONTEST IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE UNITED STATES AND THE STATES OF NEW YORK, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Contest and/or accepting an awarded prize, each Entrant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in New York, having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances will Entrant be permitted to obtain awards for and hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, other than Entrant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e., evidenced costs associated with entering this Contest), and Entrant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
15. Severability: If any provision of these Official Rules is found to be unlawful, void, or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from these Official Rules and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions. Headings and captions are used in these Official Rules solely for convenience of reference, and shall not be deemed to affect in any manner the meaning or intent of these Official Rules or any provision hereof. In the event of any conflict between any Contest details contained in these Official Rules and Contest details contained in any Contest advertising materials, the details of the Contest as set forth in these Official Rules shall prevail.
16. Winner List: For the names of the winners, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope by June 15, 2021 to William Grant & Sons, Inc., 300 Park Avenue South, Suite 600, New York, NY 10010.
PLEASE DRINK RESPONSIBLY
SAILOR JERRY SPICED RUM, IMPORTED BY WILLIAM GRANT & SONS, INC. NEW YORK, NY © 2021