TERMS & CONDITIONS
#sjcalifornia PRIZE DRAW
Who can enter?
1. The promotion is open to residents of the United Kingdom (England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland) who are 18 years old or over only.
2. Employees of William Grant & Sons UK Limited (Promoter), or any company within the same group of companies as the Promoter, and their immediate families, their agents or anyone professionally associated with the Promotion (Associates) are not allowed to enter.
3. Only one entry is allowed per person per day only. Duplicate photos will not be accepted.
What is the closing date?
4. The closing date for entries to be received is 23:59 hrs on 31 October 2015.
How to enter the draw?
In bar: To enter, simply purchase a Sailor Jerry drink in a Sailor Jerry branded beaker or glass, and post an image featuring the cup on the Sailor Jerry Twitter or Instagram account along with the hashtag: #sjcalifornia and the name of bar where the drink was purchased.
6. Entrants who do not give correct details or those who make an entry on someone else’s behalf will be disqualified, at the Promoter’s discretion. No entries from agents, third parties, organised group or entries automatically generated by computer will be accepted. No bulk entries.
7. Highly offensive images and use of profanity will result in immediate disqualification. Images or comments that suggest or encourage irresponsible drinking/behaviour, or illegal activity are not permitted.
8. The Promoter reserves the right to flag to Twitter teams any posts or photos from the draw that could be regarded as graphic, obscene, defamatory, explicit, racist or offensive in any way.
9. No one who is or looks under the age of 25 should feature prominently or be shown drinking alcohol in the images and any such images will be removed and disqualified immediately. Permission must be sought from anyone who appears within the photo. The Promoter reserves the right to contact an entrant for further clarification and verification on this where required.
10. Entries must not contain or refer to any third party brand and must not contain or reference any third party names, logos and/or trademarks.
11. Entries must not use images which are under copyright.
12. By participating in the promotion the entrants licence and grants the promoter an exclusive, royalty free, perpetual, worldwide, irrevocable and sub-licensable right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish and display such content for any purpose in any media, without compensation, restriction on use, attribution or liability. Participants agree not to assert any moral rights in relation to such use where the moral rights in respect of the content are theirs to assert. Participants warrant that the materials are their original works, have not been copied, in whole or in part, from any third party and they have full authority to grant these rights.
What is the prize?
13. The main prize is a 10-night break to California, USA, for 2 people to enjoy a road trip down the Californian Pacific Coast Highway
14. The Main Prize includes:
- return flights from any main UK airport to San Francisco (economy fare);
- fully inclusive hire of a convertible Mustang (or similar) for 10 days;
- £500 towards petrol costs;
- 10 nights in 4 star accommodation, along every stop on route;
- Breakfast each morning;
- Wild West horseback trail in the Nevada desert, with cowboy BBQ lunch;
- Sunset sailing cruise for two in San Diego;
- A pair of traditional Cowboy boots each;
- Norman Collins tattoo design merchandise (t-shirts, belt buckle, bandana);
- Standard flights for two from San Diego to any main UK airport; and
- £500 spending money.
You and your chosen guest will be responsible for travel insurance and all other personal expenses. You both must have (a) a valid UK driving licence and (b) machine readable passport with minimum 6 month validity beyond the return date, with at least 2 unstamped pages and a visa (if applicable). Travel is available up to the end of April 2016 (subject to availability) but excludes Christmas and New Year (20th December 2015 – 4th January 2016), and Bank Holiday periods and once booked cannot be amended. The prize winner must provide 6 weeks’ notice before preferred departure date. No cash alternative is available, prizes are non-transferable and non-refundable. Both travelling parties must be 18 years of age or older. The Promoter will organise all travel arrangements and the accommodation (which are subject to availability) and:
- must be made by or through the Promoter’s chosen travel agent;
- on a carrier of the Promoter’s choice; and
- must be booked at least thirty (30) days prior to the desired date of travel.
15. The winner and winner’s guest are responsible for all trip expenses not specified in these rules as being included, ground transportation (such as taxis and buses), travel insurance and gratuities.
16. Once flights and accommodation details are confirmed by the Promoter’s chosen travel agent (on behalf of the Promoter), no change can be made.
17. The Promoter cannot be held responsible for any circumstances that may cause the winner and/or winner’s guest to be unable to travel on the date of their booking.
How will the winner and the runners-up be chosen?
18. The winner of the Main Prize will be drawn at random by an independent judging organisation (whose decisions are final in all respects) from the database of all valid entries received by the closing date. The draw will take place on 31 November 2015.
How will the winner/runners-up be notified?
19. You will be contacted by your @handle on either Twitter or Instagram before 23:59 on 15 December 2015.
20. The winner must respond within 14 days of being notified or he/she will automatically be disqualified the promoter reserves the right to reselect another winner under the same rules.
Post Promotion Publicity
21. The runners-up, Main Prize winner and the guest will be required to participate in reasonable publicity connected with the Promotion.
Substitution of Main Prize
22. There are no cash or other prize alternatives available in whole or in part except in the event of circumstances outside its control the promoter reserves the right to substitute similar alternatives of equal or greater value. Prizes are non-transferable.
23. The Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Twitter. You are providing your information to the Promoter, not Twitter. The information you provide will only be used for the purpose of facilitating the Promotion unless you have agreed to its use for any other purpose. By entering the Promotion, all Participants agree to give Twitter a complete release from any and all legal liability in connection with the Promotion. For the Promoter’s Privacy & Cookies Notice, visit http://sailorjerry.com/en-gb/privacy-policy/. All entries will be subject to the terms and conditions located here: https://twitter.com/tos.
24. The Promoter monitors entrant’s responses to this Promotion and any responses which are, or could be regarded, as being disrespectful towards other members of the Twitter community or which contain anything which is likely to, or could cause offence or distress will be removed from the Promotion.
25. Compliance will be judged on the context, medium, audience, and prevailing standards. The Promoter reserves the right to remove any entries in breach of this term with immediate effect, at its sole discretion.
26. The Promoter’s decision on all aspects of this promotion is final and no correspondence will be entered into the selection of winners.
27. The Promoter reserves the right to verify all entries including but not limited to asking for address and identity details (which they must provide within 14 days) and to refuse to award a prize or withdraw prize entitlement and/or refuse further participation in the promotion and disqualify the participant where there are reasonable grounds to believe there has been a breach of these terms and conditions or any instructions forming part of this promotions entry requirements or otherwise where a participant has gained unfair advantage in participating in the promotion or won using fraudulent means. The Promoter will be the final arbiter in any decisions and these will be binding and no correspondence will be entered into in relation this clause.
28. The winners will be required to take part in publicity with no recompense
29. The winner’s name and county will be available 3 months after the date of the draw by emailing email@example.com
30. In the event of circumstances outside the reasonable control of the promoter, or otherwise where fraud, abuse, and/or an error (human or computer) affects or could affect the proper operation of this promotion or the awarding of prizes, and only where circumstances make this unavoidable, the Promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the promotion or these terms and conditions , at any stage, but will always endeavour to minimize the effect to participants in order to avoid undue disappointment.
31. The Promoter encourages responsible drinking and would direct consumers to read http://www.drinkaware.co.uk for more information.
The Promoter is William Grant & Sons UK Limited, Form One, 17 Bartley Wood Business Park, Bartley Way, Hook, RG27 9XA.