TERMS & CONDITIONS
HARLEY-DAVIDSON® PRIZE DRAW
Short terms and conditions:
Draw open UK residents, age 18 or over. Closes 22.08.16. Winner must hold a full motorbike licence and insurance. To enter watch one of the 5 promo videos on facebook.com/SailorJerryUK/ and register. See www.sailorjerry.com/en-gb/theride for full details.
Online Terms and conditions:
These are the rules for the Sailor Jerry® prize draw (Promotion) for the chance to win one Harley-Davidson Street® 750 motorbike (Prize). There is one Prize in total for the entire Promotion. Entry instructions are deemed to form part of the terms and conditions. By participating in the Promotion all entrants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by these terms and conditions. Please keep a copy for your records.
Who can enter?
1. The Promotion is open to individuals who: (a) are resident of the United Kingdom (England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland); (b) are over the age of 18 years old; and (c) have a valid, current and full motorbike licence and valid, current, full and comprehensive insurance. Proof of residence, age, licence and insurance will be requested to claim the Prize
2. To claim the Prize, the winner must be able to prove he/she has a full motorbike licence and full and comprehensive insurance (a CBT licence will not be sufficient).
3. Employees of William Grant & Sons Ltd (Promoter) or any company within the same group of companies as the Promoter, and their immediate families, their agents or anyone professionally associated with the Promotion (Associates) including House PR, are not allowed to enter the Promotion.
What is the closing date?
4. The closing date for entries to be received is 23:59 hrs (BST) on 22nd August 2016.
How to enter the draw?
5. To enter, please watch one of the five promotional videos posted by Sailor Jerry on the Sailor Jerry UK Facebook page (facebook.com/SailorJerryUK/). Once you have watched the video, you will be prompted to enter the Promotion by following a link to www.sailorjerry.com/en-gb/theride where you will find a registration form for the Promotion (Registration Form). You should insert your details into the Registration Form which includes your legal name, email and phone number and click submit.
6. Entries must be submitted while the Promotion is open.
7. No purchase is necessary to enter the Promotion or to claim the Prize.
8. Only one entry to this Promotion per person is allowed. Multiple entries will be treated as one single entry, and persistent abuse of this clause will result in immediate disqualification.
9. Any third party entries, multiple entries or entries submitted by agents will not be accepted.
What is the Prize?
10. The Prize is one Harley-Davidson Street® 750 motorbike including on the road taxes (excludes insurance). In order to claim the Prize, the Promoter may ask the winner to sign a prize participation agreement..
11. No cash alternative is available in whole or in part.
12. Prizes are non-transferable and non-refundable.
13. The Promoter does not give any warranties or assurances about the Prize or its condition. If the winner has any questions or complaints about the Prize, it should raise these directly with Harley-Davidson®.
14. The motorbike Prize is a dangerous vehicle and the winner must take full responsibility for riding responsibly and legally.
15. The Promoter cannot be held responsible for any harm, injury, loss of life or limb caused through use of the Prize. To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter is not responsible and is not liable for any harm, injury, loss of life or limb or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, from any entrant’s participation in the Promotion.
How will the winner be chosen?
16. The winner of the Prize will be drawn at random by an independent judge or via a computer process that produces random results, from all valid entries submitted before the closing date. The draw will take place on 23rd August 2016. The winner will be the first name drawn.
How will the winner/runners-up be notified?
17. The Promoter will use reasonable efforts to contact the winner via his/her Facebook page or email address supplied on the Registration Form by 29th August 2016. The winner must respond to this email within 21 days or he/she will automatically be disqualified and another winner will be chosen.
18. The winner must be able to provide original evidence to the Promoter, within 21 days of being requested by the Promoter, that he or she has a full motorbike licence (a CBT licence will not be sufficient) and current, valid, full and comprehensive insurance before he/she will be allowed to take ownership or collect the Prize. Proof of licence and insurance is a condition of the Prize being awarded. Failure to provide this evidence means he/she will automatically be disqualified and another winner chosen. The Promoter reserves the right to repeat this process as often as is necessary.
19. Provided the winner consents, the winner will be announced by the Promoter on Sailor Jerry’s social media pages.
How to obtain the winner’s details
20. The full name and county of the winner may be obtained after the draw date by sending a stamped self-addressed envelope detailing your request and the name of the Promotion to: William Grant & Sons UK Limited at Accommodation A, Form One, 17 Bartley Wood Business Park, Bartley Way, Hook, Hampshire RG27 9XA within 3 months of the closing date.
Post Promotion Publicity
21. The winner may be required to participate in reasonable publicity connected with the Promotion. The winner accepts that the Promoter will have the right, without additional payment or permission, to use his/her name and counties of residence submitted as entry to the Promotion for the purposes of announcing the winner and for related promotional purposes. By participating in the Promotion, the entrants licence and grant the Promoter an exclusive, royalty free, perpetual, worldwide, irrevocable and sub-licensable right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish and display their entry for any purpose in any media, without compensation, restriction on use, attribution or liability. Participants agree not to assert any moral rights in relation to such use. The Prize winner will be required to participate in reasonable publicity connected with the Promotion with no recompense.
Substitution of the Prize
22. Substitution or transfer of the Prize by the winner is not permitted. The Promoter has the right to substitute a Prize of similar or greater value, at its sole discretion in exceptional circumstances. There is no cash alternative for the Prize in whole or in part.
24. The winner must not do anything which could, in the reasonable opinion of the Promoter, bring the Promoter or any of the Associates into disrepute before, during or after this Promotion. All entries become the property of the Promoter, and none shall be returned.
25. The Promoter’s decision on all aspects of this Promotion is final and no correspondence will be entered into the selection of winners.
26. The Promoter has the right to refuse to award the Prize to anyone whom it reasonably believes has broken any of these rules.
27. The Promoter reserves the right to verify all entries including but not limited to asking for address and identity details (which they must provide within 14 days) and to refuse to award a Prize or withdraw Prize entitlement and/or refuse further participation in the Promotion and/or disqualify the participant where there are reasonable grounds to believe there has been a breach of these terms and conditions or any instructions forming part of this Promotion’s entry requirements, or otherwise where a participant has gained unfair advantage in participating in the Promotion or won using fraudulent means.
28. In the event of circumstances outside the reasonable control of the Promoter, or otherwise where fraud, abuse, and/or an error (human or computer) affects or could affect the proper operation of this Promotion or the awarding of the Prize, and only where circumstances make this unavoidable, the Promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the Promotion or these terms and conditions , at any stage, but will always endeavour to minimize the effect to participants in order to avoid undue disappointment.
29. These terms and conditions prevail in the event of any conflict or inconsistency with any other communications, including advertising or promotional materials. Please retain a copy for your information.
30. The Promoter encourages responsible drinking and would direct consumers to read http://www.drinkaware.co.uk for more information.
31. If any of these clauses should be determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable then it shall be severed and deleted from these terms and conditions and the remaining clauses shall survive and remain in full force and effect.